The autumn equinox signifies balance, where the day and night are of equal length. As we gently move into autumn, watching the leaves change into golden hues of yellow, orange and red, feeling a slight chill in the air as we rise in the crisp mornings and return home to comfort and warmth in the evenings, we begin to feel drawn to the cosier things in life. But we may also feel a slight unease at the change of the season, as with change, we come into the unknown. This workshop will focus on rooting to the earth, feeling centred and balanced working through a sequence of grounding postures to help nurture and comfort our minds and bodies. An opportunity to reflect upon non-permanence and acceptance of the seasonal change. A reflective, restorative practice working on identifying subtitles in familiar poses, finding balance between comfort and effort. The physical practice will be followed by a guided breathing practice and an autumnal themed meditation.
• Please bring mats, blankets, extra layers and socks to stay warm and cosy in the breathing and mediation part of the workshop... I'll bring everything else!
• The workshop is perhaps more suited to practioners with some previous experience of yoga, but beginners will also benefit from the practice.
• The workshop will involve holding natural objects during the meditation and also may include subtle scents or incense in the room. If you have any allergies or dislikes to certain objects and fragrances, please let me know beforehand.
• Please arrive on or around 3pm for a 3:15pm start
• 90 minute workshop
• £10 per person
• Payment is required in advance of each workshop, at least one week before
• Email Debbie at email@example.com for details of how to pay
• Prior booking is required
• Places are booked on a first-come, first-served basis
• Email Debbie at firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place
• Places are limited to a maximum 12
• A minimum of 7 students will be required to run the workshop
• On the event of numbers being too low and the workshop being cancelled, you will be offered a refund or the opportunity to book a place onto another workshop
Cancellations and refunds:
• If you make a cancellation, refunds can only be given if your place is filled. You will then be offered the choice of a full refund or the opportunity to use the payment for an alternative workshop
• In the event of a workshop being cancelled/postponed by the tutor, refunds will be given or can be transferred to another workshop