A general overview of the basic anatomy and curvature of the spine with a focus on keeping the back strong, mobile, healthy and safe in movement during our yoga practice - particularly in backbends where the cervical and lumbar spine is most vulnerable. Understanding how we can work with and engage our abdominals to help protect the back. How we can work with alignment cues to avoid over-compressing the vertebrae at the neck and lower back while entering and holding backbends.
As we move towards Spring, we will also have an underpinning theme of renewal and growth with a link to the spine and increasing mobility and agility in our backs.
Closing with an uplifting breathing and meditation practice and a little gift of growth and renewal for all participants to take away with them, from yours truly!
Suitable for beginners as well as those with experience of yoga.
• Please arrive on or around 3pm for a 3:15pm start
• 90 minute workshop
• £10 per person
• Payment is required in advance of each workshop, at least one week before
• Email Debbie at firstname.lastname@example.org for details of how to pay
• Prior booking is required
• Places are booked on a first-come, first-served basis
• Email Debbie at email@example.com to book your place
• Places are limited to a maximum 12
• A minimum of 7 students will be required to run the workshop
• On the event of numbers being too low and the workshop being cancelled, you will be offered a refund or the opportunity to book a place onto another workshop
Cancellations and refunds:
• If you make a cancellation, refunds can only be given if your place is filled. You will then be offered the choice of a full refund or the opportunity to use the payment for an alternative workshop
• In the event of a workshop being cancelled/postponed by the tutor, refunds will be given or can be transferred to another workshop